HIPS 3D Printer Filament – Blue
$16.09 – $31.49 inc. GST
HIPS 3D Printer Filament Blue
ABS 3D Printer Filament – HIPS – Blue
Let your creativity soar with our blue HIPS printer filament.
HIPS 3D printer filaments have similar properties to ABS filaments. HIPS filament can be used on its own, but is often used in conjunction with ABS filament. HIPS filament creates a strong print that can sustain impact, but perhaps its most notable quality is that it dissolves in a different solvent than ABS. HIPS 3D printer filament dissolves in a liquid called limonene, whereas ABS dissolves in acetone. This makes it the perfect material to act as a support structure for ABS prints with internal overhanging components. In such cases an external tear-away support structure will not work. This is where HIPS filaments shine. You can make your print using HIPS as the support structure and then place the object in limonene to dissolve the HIPS components without damaging the ABS components. Depending on the size and complexity of your print, the HIPS can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days to dissolve, but you will then have your intended ABS object without any hint that the HIPS structure ever existed.
This 3D printer filament comes in 1kg packages and is available in 1.75mm and 3mm. Not sure which color or gauge will work best for you? Check out our selection of sample filaments, so you can try it out before you commit.
- Most parcels are sent by Australia Post or Sendle from our Sydney warehouse. Delivery times do vary when sending parcels interstate, but it usually takes between 3-7 business days for packages to be delivered
- Some items need to be ordered from our overseas warehouses and all care is taken to ensure that you receive your package within 5-10 business days
- Please contact us at [email protected] if you experience delays in receiving your purchased items
- Please note that due to the COVID-19 situation, global logistics are impacted and packages may be delayed by the logistics provider
- All Go 3D branded filaments come with a lifetime warranty
- All other products come with a 1 year limited warranty
- All products are covered under the, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee